Sunday, July 8, 2012

I'mma Put you to Work

This was a big wedding craft weekend.  And it's about time, because we are officially under 100 days! Yikes!

A few weeks ago, I mentioned to you that I finally found something for the missing element of our centerpieces - Midollino sticks!

Well, they arrived in the mail a little bit ago, and I had opened them and checked them out, but that was just to verify the order was correct.


Love when mail arrives for me!! / Personal Picture

Three Bundles of Midollino Sticks / Personal Picture

This weekend, though, we took them out for good, and I assigned FI the easy task of cutting them to fit in the centerpieces. We decided that each stick would be cut into three even sections. doing so would allow for good amount to be put into each cut wine bottle. So, FI got to cutting and got all of them done with a regular pair of scissors in about an hour and a half. It wasn't until about a third of the way through did he realize that the scissors could handle more than one stick at a time, so the last part went a lot quicker than the first part did.

Three cut Midollino Sticks / Personal Picture

Granted that I am not using the sticks as they are intended to be used, however, so far, I am very happy with them, and I'll tell you, the color could not be moreperfect. They are almost a perfect match to the wire that I made the photo holders out of.


Cut Midollino Sticks in a Wine Bottle Chiller / Personal Picture

Anyone else using something non-traditional and non-floral for centerpieces?



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover